A portrait studio specializing in timeless portraits and wall art
The Milk + Lily Portrait Co. is a professional portrait studio in downtown Walnut Creek, specializing in maternity, newborn, and family photography.
We proudly offer a variety of portrait photography styles
- Studio portraits ― These are photographs of families and individuals. Studio portraits utilize the very best in high-end lighting and light modifiers to ensure the ambience, color, and contours are just right. The specific type of light source we use varies based on the goals or objective of a particular studio portrait session. For example, do you want a soft and simple family photograph, or a stylized and avant-garde maternity portrait? We'll work one-on-one with you to develop a truly unique session experience that delivers a gorgeous gallery, customized to your own style. *These photos are typically taken at our downtown Walnut Creek studio.
- On-location portraits ― These are photographs taken using natural light as opposed to studio light. Like studio portraits, they often feature individuals or families. Typically, we shoot these portraits outside or inside using window light. For these sessions, we travel anywhere within the Greater San Francisco Bay area. *A small travel fee may apply for destinations further than 50 miles from Walnut Creek.
Wall Art and Fine Art Prints
Milk + Lily Portrait Co. uses fine-art Hahnemühle cotton-weave paper for superior print quality
• We offer a variety of print styles to best match your home decor, including: framed prints, canvas wraps, acrylic mounts, and more!
• We specialize in heirloom quality prints and wall art. These are pieces that are meant to be passed down through future generations with pride. Each print comes with a high-resolution digital file with full print and reproduction rights.
• We'll work with you to curate colors and wardrobe, creating timeless images that will fit perfectly on the walls of your home. *Pro tip!* We usually try to avoid flashy jewelry, neon colors, and tight or close patterns, as they tend to be distracting from the subject: YOU!
Pregnancy is a unique experience to mothers. It is one that should be celebrated and captured to preserve such a special moment in time. Let's be honest, there are times where it can feel less-than-glamorous, which is why it's even more important to come in, get pampered, and leave your photoshoot feeling like a goddess!
• Maternity sessions can be held in-studio or on-location
• Professional hair and makeup pampering available on request
• Unlimited wardrobe changes
Newborn and Baby Photography
Let's get creative, baby! We'll sit down with you one-on-one to create a custom curated portrait session to match your home and nursery decor.
We'll usually book newborn and infant photoshoots in the morning or early afternoon.
*Pro tip! To help your baby arrive well rested and ready, we recommend not letting them nap in the morning and giving them just one big feeding, right before leaving for our studio. Their natural sleepiness combined with that after-milk-warmth will let your baby drift off into a cozy dreamland while we set them up in the sweetest poses.
Babies grow up so fast! Capture every moment possible along the way!
We're truly passionate about documenting and developing the loving narratives of our families. We can't wait to creatively capture lasting memories for you and your loved ones! We curate a custom style and custom set for you and your family. Let your true selves shine!
Are we LGBTQ+ friendly?
At the Milk + Lily Portrait Co., we publicly support inclusivity, gender equality, and marriage equality.
We are proud to be your supportive ally and unapologetic cheerleader. So, are we LGBTQ+ Friendly? Heck Yes!
Contact the Milk + Lily Portrait Co. today if you need a family photography session, maternity photoshoot, newborn photoshoot or photographer.
Please contact us to set up an initial consultation. We truly look forward to earning your business.
- Gender identities, gender expressions, and sexual orientations matter. We want you and your family to be yourself, always.
- We've photographed public LGBTQ+ families and private LGBTQ+ families, but what is most important is that you feel safe, relaxed, and natural with your partner and children.